If you haven’t yet, sign up on the Mailing List and the Registration Form to become a member.
What is the World Humanitarian Summit, who are we and what do we do? Find out all important information here:
Who is coordinating this Working Group?
Our WHS Working Group has three facilitating organizations, also referred to as Deputy Organizing Partners of the UN MGCY:
- the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA), represented by Anna-Theresia Ekman and Karim El Sayed
- the organization Youth Beyond Disasters (YBD), represented by Marie Luise Schwarzenberg and Majid Shangab
- the Kenya Red Cross, represented by Esther Muiruri
These representatives facilitate the external representation, as well internal coordination and communication. However, all decisions are taken by the Working Group during the regularly meetings together and all members can start and join teams, projects and initiatives.
Eight Regional Focal Points facilitate the regional engagement, mobilizing members from the respective regions to provide insights and perspectives from their region. In Humanitarian Action, different regions tend to have different priorities and challenges. In the WHS process, the regions are as follows:
- Eastern and Southern Africa, represented by Luanda Mpungose
- Europe and Others, represented by Diego Cimino
- Latin America and the Caribbean, represented by Ariadyne Acunha
- Middle East and North Africa, represented by Ahmed Taha
- North and South-East Asia, represented by Regine Guevara
- Pacific Region, represented by Siobhan Samuelu
- South and Central Asia, represented by Aizhan Kapysheva and Razwan Nabin
- West and Central Africa, represented by TBD
To read the full profiles and contact information, please visit our UN MGCY Website here.
Here is all the contact information you need:
For all general inquiries, reach out to email@example.com
Send a message to all members of the Working Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for the working group here: goo.gl/5iIWXq
Join our mailing list: goo.gl/DySERl
Follow us on our Facebook Page: facebook.com/WHSYouth
Join our Facebook Group (only for working group members): facebook.com/groups/750256648420001/
The official hashtags are #WHSyouth and #ReShapeAid
You can reach us on Twitter @UNMGCY
Categories: World Humanitarian Summit